- target encoding format. Set format for your target device.2. Denoise/Sharpen
- way make source file better. FractalDenoising LS best filtering mode now. Filtering remove artephacts and restore sharpness. After filtering with denoising output file will smaller (in HQ encoding modes). Filtering take encoding time, don`t forget about it, if you need faster encoding.3. Brightness/Contrast
- preset for color restoration or fixing. Need for bad sources or for fixed Red PSP Ghosts (PSPFix or PSPFix MPEG2Fix for DVD or MPEG source). Also take encoding time. MPEG2Fix auto set now, even if it don`t set in presets.4. Video encoding
- preset of video encoding. Here two type of presets: bitrate presets and HQ (quality) presets. In bitrate mode you set target bitrate. In quality mode you set target quality. Best and most simple way control out files quality and size with HQ presets. Use bitrate modes only if you know what you doing.
HQ Turbo - fastest encoding with very good quality, out file size will be big.
HQ Ultra - optimal combination of speed/quality/size.
HQ Extreme - slowest mode, but file will be as small as it possible with HQ quality.
HQ is target high quality. 3 for XviD, MPEG4, MPEG2. 21 for x264. You can self control target quality. Up number - file smaller, quality worse. Down number - file bigger, quality better. 0 for x264 is LossLess encoding mode. Only device with High AVC profile can read LossLess file.
Good of HQ modes: bitrate auto adapt for source quality, filtering, resolution.
Bad of HQ modes: you never shure how big output file size will be. But shure what it will as small as it possible without quality lose.
Good of bitrate modes: if you find good bitrate for your case, quality will be better than in HQ modes (2 pass or 3 pass encoding). You now how big output file size will be and can control it.
Bad if bitrate modes: for good results need use 2 pass or 3 pass modes and encoding will twice longer. Find good bitrate almost impossible. Quality info helps you in it, but bitrate depend on codec settings, filtering, source quality.5. Audio encoding
- preset of audio encoding.
You can modify or create custom presets if press E button.
You can change codecs in codec settings window (E - edit).
All edit functions you can find in menu Video or Audio.
You can play-pause preview with space keyboard button.
You can set preview to fullscreen mode with Alt+Enter.
You can add task to job list and encode when list will be ready. Possible logc combinations:
Open - Save - save to task list opened file.
Open - Save - Edit - Save - save to task list two different edited versions of one opened file. Usefull for compare presets.
Open - Encode - encode opened file.
Open - Save, Open - Save, Encode - save to task list two files and than encode.
Open - Save, Open - Save, Encode, Encode - save to task list two files and than encode two files at same time.
Open - Save, Open - Save, Encode, Open - Save - you can add more tasks even if encoding already in progress.
After saving job to task list you can close preview - Close button.
Tools - Media Info, FFMPEG Info, ... let you know everything about opened file.
Some times need change input file decoder. You can do it in menu Video - Decoding.
DirectShowSource - decode files with installed system codecs (klite codec pack or other).
AVISource - decode with installed VFW and ACM system codecs.
FFmpegSource - decode files with ffmpeg. Don`t depend on system codecs, but very long time cache files. Some files decoded only in this mode.
Shutdown after encoding you can find at: Settings - After encoding.
Some input files may be with corrupted GOP order and will be encode with lost sync. Usual you can see it in preview - if file start with green blocks artefacts, or sound click in beging of file.
You can fix it with DVDLab Pro or with DGIndex.
DGindex is free mpeg frame serving tool, used for mpeg indexing in XviD4PSP.
Tools - DGindex. Open problem vob or mpeg. Cut beging -  symbols. Save project. Open project D2V in XviD4PSP and file must be correct synced.