Manual for XviD4PSP 5.0

Want share expirience with other users or get it ? Welcome.

Manual for XviD4PSP 5.0

Postby winnydows » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:05 pm

1. Formats - target encoding format. Set format for your target device.
2. Denoise/Sharpen - way make source file better. FractalDenoising LS best filtering mode now. Filtering remove artephacts and restore sharpness. After filtering with denoising output file will smaller (in HQ encoding modes). Filtering take encoding time, don`t forget about it, if you need faster encoding.
3. Brightness/Contrast - preset for color restoration or fixing. Need for bad sources or for fixed Red PSP Ghosts (PSPFix or PSPFix MPEG2Fix for DVD or MPEG source). Also take encoding time. MPEG2Fix auto set now, even if it don`t set in presets.
4. Video encoding - preset of video encoding. Here two type of presets: bitrate presets and HQ (quality) presets. In bitrate mode you set target bitrate. In quality mode you set target quality. Best and most simple way control out files quality and size with HQ presets. Use bitrate modes only if you know what you doing.

HQ Turbo - fastest encoding with very good quality, out file size will be big.
HQ Ultra - optimal combination of speed/quality/size.
HQ Extreme - slowest mode, but file will be as small as it possible with HQ quality.
HQ is target high quality. 3 for XviD, MPEG4, MPEG2. 21 for x264. You can self control target quality. Up number - file smaller, quality worse. Down number - file bigger, quality better. 0 for x264 is LossLess encoding mode. Only device with High AVC profile can read LossLess file.

Good of HQ modes: bitrate auto adapt for source quality, filtering, resolution.
Bad of HQ modes: you never shure how big output file size will be. But shure what it will as small as it possible without quality lose.
Good of bitrate modes: if you find good bitrate for your case, quality will be better than in HQ modes (2 pass or 3 pass encoding). You now how big output file size will be and can control it.
Bad if bitrate modes: for good results need use 2 pass or 3 pass modes and encoding will twice longer. Find good bitrate almost impossible. Quality info helps you in it, but bitrate depend on codec settings, filtering, source quality.

5. Audio encoding - preset of audio encoding.

You can modify or create custom presets if press E button.
You can change codecs in codec settings window (E - edit).
All edit functions you can find in menu Video or Audio.
You can play-pause preview with space keyboard button.
You can set preview to fullscreen mode with Alt+Enter.

You can add task to job list and encode when list will be ready. Possible logc combinations:
Open - Save - save to task list opened file.
Open - Save - Edit - Save - save to task list two different edited versions of one opened file. Usefull for compare presets.
Open - Encode - encode opened file.
Open - Save, Open - Save, Encode - save to task list two files and than encode.
Open - Save, Open - Save, Encode, Encode - save to task list two files and than encode two files at same time.
Open - Save, Open - Save, Encode, Open - Save - you can add more tasks even if encoding already in progress.
After saving job to task list you can close preview - Close button.

Tools - Media Info, FFMPEG Info, ... let you know everything about opened file.

Some times need change input file decoder. You can do it in menu Video - Decoding.
DirectShowSource - decode files with installed system codecs (klite codec pack or other).
AVISource - decode with installed VFW and ACM system codecs.
FFmpegSource - decode files with ffmpeg. Don`t depend on system codecs, but very long time cache files. Some files decoded only in this mode.

Shutdown after encoding you can find at: Settings - After encoding.

Some input files may be with corrupted GOP order and will be encode with lost sync. Usual you can see it in preview - if file start with green blocks artefacts, or sound click in beging of file.
You can fix it with DVDLab Pro or with DGIndex.
DGindex is free mpeg frame serving tool, used for mpeg indexing in XviD4PSP.
Tools - DGindex. Open problem vob or mpeg. Cut beging - [] symbols. Save project. Open project D2V in XviD4PSP and file must be correct synced.
winnydows
Site Admin

Re: Manual for XviD4PSP 5.0

Postby lsuedulive » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:58 pm

Where is this manual available in a help file or document?

Thanks Gary
Regards ~ Gary ~ New Orleans ~ http://computerteachers.info
lsuedulive

Postby b_boy_9x » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:47 am

Hi, i'm using XviD4PSP 5.0.36, i don't know how to convert .mkv with subtitles, can u show me how ? Thanks. :D
b_boy_9x

Postby nomnex » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:28 am

Thank you for your effort of translation & help in English but still after reading I wonder:

HQ/2p/1p XviD = HQ best quality/2p lower quality/1p lowest quality?

x264 Q21/Q18/Q16 = Q21 best quality/Q18 lower quality/Q16 lowest quality?

and x264 = .mp4, and Xvid = .avi?

Sorry about it, these are really beginner questions.
nomnex

Postby DigitalPanther » Tue May 26, 2009 10:54 am

I am sorry for sounding like a complete noob but I don't see where it tells me to start the conversion. I have all the setting correct. I have the target coded and everything set (DV NTSC in this case from MP4) when I tell it to save file I just get an entry in the task list that says waiting. How do I tell it to actually start the conversion process?
-DP
DigitalPanther

Postby Doctor Bollokovski » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 pm

DigitalPanther wrote:I am sorry for sounding like a complete noob but I don't see where it tells me to start the conversion. I have all the setting correct. I have the target coded and everything set (DV NTSC in this case from MP4) when I tell it to save file I just get an entry in the task list that says waiting. How do I tell it to actually start the conversion process?
-DP

You press the big button marked "Encode", the one on the toolbar at the end, just beside the volume slider
Doctor Bollokovski

Postby kizilelma » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:10 pm

thanks
very useful manual
kizilelma

Postby optimus noob » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 pm

please help
am very new to converting and heard about xvid4psp.
i am trying to get movies on to a lg dare cell phone but notice there is no settting (target device) specifically for that phone, so i tried mp4 format, well it says it's going to take 9 hours to convert. what am i doing wrong, can i select another option (another target device) just to get it to convert to mp4 for playback on the lg dare, or which setting can make this quicker, i've seen a lot of people on line saying it only takes a few minutes to convert. the movie file is only about 1.5 g and i'm trying to convert to mp4 for playback on lg dare. if i select a different target device will it still play on the lg dare
help
thanks in advance
optimus noob

Return to HOWTO